In GO(P) No. 507/2014/Fin Dated 17/11/2014 Government have renewed the Group Personal Accident Insurance Scheme for a further period of one year from 01/01/2015.
- Applicable to all State Government Employees and Teachers, Part-time Contingent Employees, Teaching & Non-teaching Staff of Aided Schools and Colleges, Employees of Panchayats and Municipal Common Service including Part-time Contingent Employees, Employees of Universities, Public Sector Undertakings, Co-operative Institutions, Autonomous Bodies and other Government Institutions
- Annual one-time premium of Rs. 750/- for employees of KSEB, Rs. 450/- for employees of KSRTC and Rs. 300/- for State Government employees and employees of Aided Institutions, Universities, Co-operative Institutions, Autonomous Bodies, and all other Public Sector Undertakings.
- Assured Sum of Rs. 10 Lakhs
- Head of Account : 8658 Suspense Accounts – 102 Suspense Accounts (Civil) – 88 Group Personal Accident Insurance Fund
- All DDOs/SDOs/Cheque Issuing Officers/Officers authenticated to Draw and Disburse Salary of Employees should deduct the premium from the salary of all categories of employees included in the Scheme for the month of November 2014 payable in December 2014. Employees who remit premium belatedly will al;so be covered by the scheme from the date of remittance of premium upto 31/12/2015.
- All DDOs/SDOs should credit the premium to the above said Head of Account and the recovery particulars in Form II in triplicate should be furnished to the concerned Treasury Officer along with Salary Bill. The Cheque Issuing Officers of the Government Departments should furnish the schedule in triplicate along with the cheque to the concerned Treasury. In the case of all other Institutions, the Officer authenticated to Draw and Disburse Salary of Employees should remit the amount along with the recovery particulars in Form II in triplicate to the concerned Treasury.
- In the case of Employees on Deputation and LWA except under Appendix XII A/XII C for the month of November 2014 and December 2014, the premium should be remitted to the Drawing & Disbursing Officer, where the lien of the employee is attached through Form TR5/proper receipt. The Drawing & Disbursing Officer should remit the collection to the above said Head of Account with separate schedule (Form II) in triplicate in Treasury.
- Those employees who are under suspension should remit the premium in person to the concerned Treasury in TR5/proper receipt with 4 copies of Form II. One copy of the schedule (Form II) should be forwarded to the Accountant General, one copy countersigned should be forwarded to the concerned DDO and another copy should be forwarded to the Director of Insurance.
- The DDO/SDO/Cheque Issuing Officer/Officer authenticated to Draw and Disburse Salary of Employees will be personally liable for the non-enrolment of the employee coming under him/her and the claim occurs thereafter.
- In case of any claim due to accident, the nominees or dependents of the employee involved in the accident should inform the Controlling Officer of the employee about the accident and the Officer concerned should inform the District Insurance Officer concerned within 60 days from the date of occurrence of the accident.